What you need
- Application form must be typed, completely filled out, and signed.
- The consulate does not accept hand-written applications.
- All questions must be answered. Fill in all blank spaces with “N/A”, including sections 3.6-3.8.
- Match your name exactly with your passport (first name, middle name, last name).
- Question 1.9 Local ID number is your driver’s license number.
Copy of Driver’s License
Currently the China Consulate in Houston is NOT offering express processing. If you have a drivers license from another state you may qualify for express service, please call for details.
Items 1-6 above plus:
PLEASE NOTE: If you are staying with someone residing in China and do not have a hotel reservation, please click here for a Sample Invite Letter. The inviter will need to include a photocopy of their passport and valid China residence permit or local ID. This may also be emailed to us for your convenience.
Items 1-6 above plus:
U.S. Sponsor Letter
IMPORTANT: Your name on the company letter and application form must be exactly as it appears on your passport.
China Invite Letter
One of the following:
A. An Invitation Letter from the organization to be visited in China (click here for sample letter)
The invitation letter must include the following items:
- Personal information of the applicant: name (as in passport), gender, date of birth, nationality, and passport number.
- Information concerning the applicant’s visit to China: purpose of the visit, date of arrival and leaving, places to visit, relationship between the applicant and the inviter, and who will bear the cost of the applicant’s accommodations in China.
- Information of the inviter: name of the unit, phone number, address, seal and signature of the legal representative, letter can be e-mailed or faxed.
B. An Invitation Letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (visa notification form).
This invitation letter needs to be obtained by the host company in China, letter can be e-mailed or faxed.
Employment Details Form
Please gather all of the items and bring them to our office during business hours from 9am-5:30pm Monday-Friday.
– Former Chinese, Taiwanese, or Hong Kong Nationals need to submit a copy of a previous Chinese visa or a copy of their old foreign passports as well.
– Foreign nationals require the same as above plus original green card or visa in U.S.
– Minors require same as above plus: copy of birth certificate and copy of both parents’ IDs or passports.
– If you wish to pay with a credit card and are unable to bring the card to our office, please fill out the Credit Card Authorization Form.
– If you would like your visa to be shipped to you directly, please provide us with a return air bill or fill out the Return Shipping Instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: PROCESSING TIMES, REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, AND FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
We greatly appreciate your business, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to e-mail or call us at:
Phone: (512) 479-0805
FAX: (512) 477-1166