Visa to China
Please send or bring the following documents to our office at:
1107 Rio Grande Street, Austin TX 78701, Mon-Fri: 9-5
1- Passport: with at least six months validity and available visa pages
If you don’t have available visa pages, please click here.
If you don’t have at least 6 month validity on your passport, please click here.
2- Application: Click here for visa application form
Application form must be typed and completely filled out and signed. The consulate will no longer accept hand-written applications. All questions must be answered. Match your name exactly with your passport (first name, middle name, last name). Any blank spaces must be filled in with “N/A” including sections 3.6-3.8. Question 1.9 Local ID number would be your driver’s license number.
3- One passport photo (can be taken at our office if you come in person)
4- Clear Copy of your Driver’s license (please match the mailing address on your application with the address on your driver’s license).
5- Application fee:
$140 (4-5 days processing)
$160 (2-3 days processing)
6- Courier fee:
$125 (4-5 days processing)
$195 (1-2 days processing)
Above fees include photos and all shipping charges and are payable by cash, check, or credit card.
Above items 1 through 6 plus:
a. Copy of your airline ticket or travel itinerary
b. Copy of your confirmed hotel reservation
Above items 1 through 6 plus:
1- Letter from your company, click here for sample letter.
IMPORTANT: Your name on the company letter and application form must be exactly as it appears on your passport.
2- One of the following:
A. An Invitation Letter from the organization to be visited in China, click here for sample letter.
The invitation letter must include the following items:
- Personal information of the applicant: name (as in passport), gender, date of birth, nationality, and passport number.
- Information concerning the applicant’s visit to China: purpose of the visit, date of arrival and leaving, places to visit, relationship between the applicant and the inviter, and who will bear the cost of the applicant’s accommodations in China.
- Information of the inviter: name of the unit, phone number, address, seal and signature of the legal representative, letter can be e-mailed or faxed.
B. An Invitation Letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (visa notification form). This invitation letter needs to be obtained by the host company in China, letter can be e-mailed or faxed.
* Former Chinese, Taiwanese, or Hong Kong Nationals need to submit a copy of a previous Chinese visa or a copy of their old foreign passports as well.
* Foreign nationals require the same as above plus original green card or visa in U.S. and original I-94 Minors require same as above plus: copy of birth certificate and copy of both parents’ IDs or passports
* If you wish to pay with a credit card and are unable to bring the card to our office, please fill out the Credit card Authorization Form.
* If you would like your visa to be shipped to you directly, please provide us with a return air bill or fill out the Return Shipping Instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: PROCESSING TIMES, REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, AND FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.