Visa to India
Please send or bring the following documents to our office at:
1107 Rio Grande Street, Austin TX 78701, Mon-Fri: 9-5
1- Passport: with at least six months validity and two blank visa pages.
If you don’t have available visa pages, please click here.
If you don’t have at least 6 month validity on your passport, please click here.
2- Application: Click here for Visa application form
Please complete, print and sign the above Online Visa application form. It is very important that the following fields are filled in correctly, otherwise your application will be rejected:
- For Indian Mission: Please select “USA-Houston” if you reside in Texas, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma. If you reside in any other state call us for specific instructions.
- Omit any “special characters” in fields such as hyphens, periods, and commas, especially in the Place of Birth and Reference in India fields. This tends to create an issue when your application is uploaded into their system.
- Surname: This is your last name, match it with your passport.
- Given Name: This is your first name and middle name (if applicable) as on your passport. Each name should be separated by a space.
- Passport No: Passport number as on your passport.
- Date of Expiry: Passport expiration date as on your passport (DD/MM/YYY format).
- Answer all questions even if it is not marked with an asterisk (*). If a question does not apply to you, please answer N/A.
- Pay special attention to the guidelines on the right field of the application.
- The application should be printed on 2 separate sheets of paper.
- Signature: The Indian visa application has 2 places for signature. The following sections must be signed.
- Page 1: Each applicant must sign completely inside the box on page 1 below their picture.
- Minors who can not write their name can use a thumbprint in black ink instead. If any part of the signature or thumbprint is outside of the box, the application will be rejected.
- Page 2: Applicant must sign at the bottom of page 2. If applicant is a minor, both parents or legal guardians must sign.
- Signatures on the application form must match signature on your passport.
3- Cox & Kings Order Form – Can be printed and completed by hand.
4- Additional Particulars Forms – Can be printed and completed by hand.
5- Two Passport Photos without eyeglasses and a neutral expression (photos can be taken at our office if you come in person)
6- Proof of residence (photocopy of driver’s license or utility bill i.e. water, gas, electric) address on application needs to match the address on proof of residence.
7- If you are a naturalized citizen, a copy of your naturalization certificate is required.
8- Application fee:
- Business: (1 year: $180.00, 5-10 year: $260.00)
- Tourist: (6 month: $80, 5-10 year: $170.00)
9- Courier fee: $165
Above fees include photos and all shipping charges and are payable by cash, check, or credit card.
Items 1-9 above plus:
a. Invitation letter from the company in India on company letter head indicating the nature of applicant’s business, duration of stay, the validity of visa applied for 1 Year, 5 Year or 10 Year, places and organizations to be visited during the applicant’s stay. Click here for sample invite letter.
b. Letter of incorporation for the inviting company based in India.
c. Letter from the applicant company on company letter head in USA stating that expenses would be paid by company. It should indicate the nature of applicant’s business, duration of stay, the validity of visa applied and organizations to be visited. It is important that the letter clearly conveys the nature, scope and area of operation the parent company is involved in.
Click here for sample letter. (can be e-mailed or faxed)
NOTE: Both letters (Invitation letter & Letter from the applicant company ) must state what duration the applicant is applying for i.e. one year, five years, or ten years. If only one letter states the duration the consulate will issue the visa for the duration they see fit.
* Minors: require same as above plus: copy of birth certificate and copy of both parents’ IDs and passports
* Foreign nationals: Non-US citizen needs to provide a copy of one of the following documents:
a) Notarized photocopy of Permanent Resident Card (both sides), OR
b) Employment authorization card and original I-94
* Applicants of Indian origin: require additional documentation. If this is your case, please contact us for special instructions.
* If you wish to pay with a credit card and are unable to bring the card to our office, please fill out the Credit card Authorization Form.
* If you would like your visa to be shipped to you directly, please provide us with a return air bill or fill out the Return Shipping Instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: PROCESSING TIMES, REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, AND FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.