Documents you will send us
Proof of citizenship
- Previously issued, undamaged US passport (or)
- ORIGINAL Certified Birth Certificate, issued by the State, City or County bearing the official seal (or)
- Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization (or)
- Certification or report of Birth Abroad
- NOTE: HOSPITAL COPIES AND PHOTOCOPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED. A certified birth certificate has a registrar’s raised, embossed, or multicolored seal and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office; which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please also note that some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.
*PLEASE NOTE: If your Driver’s License or ID is newer than 6 months bring supplemental documents. For recommended list click here.
Proof of departure
ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF TRAVEL:
Copy of computer generated airline ticket, travel itinerary, travel agent generated itinerary, or hotel confirmation
Business letter on company letter head
Click here for Business Proof of Departure PDF sample letter.
Click here for Business Proof of Departure sample letter in Word.
If traveling by personal vehicle to Mexico or Canada and you are staying with family/friends, please provide an original letter from the applicant detailing your international travel plans.
Click here for a Sample Letter.
If traveling for a medical/family emergency please provide a letter explaining in detail your reason and destination address.
FORM MUST BE COMPLETED & CREATED ONLINE.
COMPLETE FORM, CREATE FORM, PRINT FORM.
Tips for completing form:
- Choose COMPLETE FORM ONLINE button in left-hand corner
- When you come to fees, choose “Expedited at Agency” and “Standard Delivery”.
- NOTE: FEES ARE NOT COLLECTED ONLINE.
- On final page, click CREATE FORM in the lower left-hand corner to print your application.
- DO NOT SIGN YOUR APPLICATION.
2 Original Authorizations
(please print 2 copies, complete, sign & date)
*PLEASE NOTE: Both parents must sign the bottom of Authorization Forms for children under 16, unless one parent is not present and you are submitting a DS-3053 Parental Consent Form. One parent must sign if minor is 16 or 17. Those 18 and above may sign Authorizations on their own.
$170 check or money order payable to: “US Department of State”.
Younger than 16:
$140 check or money order payable to: “US Department of State”.
In addition to fees above:
A $35 passport execution fee to Government Passport Acceptance Agent payable by cash or credit card.
4 – 6 day service: $250
• Proof of departure is required for 2-6 day services
• Travel should be within 14 calendar days
10-15 day service: $150
• No proof of departure required
Prices above include:
Photos, money order fee, application review, hand courier service, and overnight return delivery to our office.
Payment can be made by check or credit card. Please CLICK HERE for a credit card authorization.
Children under the age of 16:
Must be accompanied by both parents at the post office or at the courthouse to sign the minor’s application. Both parent’s valid identification and minor’s certified birth certificate are required.
For children 16-17 years of age:
At least one parent is required to accompany the minor to co-sign the application at the post office or the courthouse.
Adults 18 years and older:
Can sign application without parent or guardian present.
* State Department regulations state that the application (DS-11) has to be submitted within 4-5 days of when it is dated. We need to receive the package the day after your envelope is sealed by the Passport Acceptance Agent. Please use an overnight service.
* It is expressly understood that Austin Passport Express does not issue passports or visas, therefore can not guarantee applications will be approved or processed within a specific time. Austin Passport Express accepts no responsibility for errors, omissions, loss of documents or delays caused by local Passport Acceptance Agents, the Passport Agency, Embassies, & Consulates. Passport Express is also not responsible for delays caused by improper documentation (ie. birth certificate, identification), child support issues, weather problems, or overnight courier services utilized to transport your documents to and from the appropriate agencies.
• Take items 1-7 to a Passport Acceptance Agency in your area.
• Tell the Passport Agent that you need your passport quickly and are having the application hand carried to the passport office, and that you want the sealed envelope containing your documents returned to you. Click here to find a local Acceptance Agent.
Print the following on the outside of the sealed envelope:
a) Full name
b) Date of birth
c) Departure date
d) Contact Tel. No.
Drop-off or mail sealed envelop from Passport Agent and items 8-9 via an overnight courier service to the following address:
Austin Passport Express
1107 Rio Grande St.
Austin, TX 78701
- Call us or email us with your tracking number so that we may be able to monitor your package.
- Your passport application will be hand carried to the passport office.
- When the passport is ready, it will be sent to the address on the address on the “Return Shipping” form.
- Please note a street address (not PO Box) and a phone number where you can be reached must be included.
We greatly appreciate your business, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to e-mail or call us at:
Phone: (512) 479-0805
FAX: (512) 477-1166